Competitive eater taken to hospital after eating world's hottest chilli pepper

Eating Carolina Reaper appears to have narrowed the arteries in his brain, causing a series of thunderclap headaches

A man who took part in a chilli pepper eating contest ended up with more than he bargained for when he took on the hottest pepper in the world.

After eating a Carolina Reaper pepper, the 34-year-old started dry heaving before developing a pain in his neck that turned into a series of thunderclap headaches: sudden and severe episodes of excruciating pain that peak within a minute.

Continue reading…
Source: theguardian
Competitive eater taken to hospital after eating world's hottest chilli pepper